Friday 20 December 2013

The Louvre












Eventually I found these divine offering, even though they were staring me in the face on the instruction map. I did discover these beautiful pieces in my first art book that I purchased about Gothic Sculpture 1140-1300 by Paul Williamson but would not have expected them to be anywhere other than a gothic church. So, even where they are placed in the museum would not make sense to me as they were not with the other church offerings on view and are with the divine tapestries reminiscent of the Cluny Museums offerings unto God. They should put other master works on the map so you get to imagine there is more than Mona Lisa to view. The other grouping of Leonardo da Vinci's paintings are far more appealing, even though in a different location. I enjoyed my time spent there, for as I have been to the Louvre Museum many times, I usually only have an hour to fill in and get through about half of one ascension of sculpture. They are treated like they are far too divine to view and so are almost among Christian relics from interior church altars.